I'VE BEEN TAGGED....
By Scot McKnight (a new kind of scholar):
1. One book that changed your life: A.W. Tozer's little volume The Pursuit of God.
2. One book that you’ve read more than once: The Way of the Heart by Henri J.M. Nouwen.
3. One book you’d want on a desert island: Eugene Peterson's Reversed Thunder: The Revelation of John and the Praying Imagination.
4. One book that made you laugh: Annie Dillard's An American Childhood.
5. One book that made you cry: My Losing Season by Pat Conroy, describing his father's treatment of him.
6. One book you wish had been written: My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok.
7. One book you wish had never been written: How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnagie.
8. One book you’re currently reading: God In Search of Man: A Philosophy of Judaism by Abraham Heschel.
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read: Exclusion and Embrace: A Theological Exploration of Identity, Otherness and Reconciliation by Miroslav Volf.
10. Tag 5 others: Greg Mutch, Curt Howell, John Raymond, Jan Chapman and Susan Arnold. I don’t know if I’m supposed to e-mail you or just hope you read this. So, I’m counting on you reading this and posting your answers.