Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Last Evening in Kiev, Ukraine


Hello, again, from Kiev. This time I am with Maksim and Lena Rakovich, having dinner and spending the night. Maksim will shuttle me to the Borispol Airport in the morning (Thursday) for my 6:45 a.m. flight to Amsterdam. Lena made a delicious dinner with orange slices and cheese baked on chicken breast pieces.

This ministry trip has been a great learning experience for me (as all of them have been) as well as an opportunity to some teaching and one on one mentoring.

I had a good time in Vinnitsa for the NGP (Next Generation Project) conference and then made my way on to Lutsk and L'viv. Fimiam Church, Calvary Church (both in Lutsk), Grace Church (Rivne) and Hosanna Church (L'viv) are led by vibrant teams and have a passion for reaching their cities, especially the younger generation.

I was able to see some videos produced for outreach by drama students who attend Hosanna Church. One titled "Why?" reminded me of the videos in Rob Bell's Nooma series.

1 Comments:

At 9/27/2006 1:58 PM, Blogger Ted M. Gossard said...

John,

We'll be looking forward to hearing more about your trip, and thoughts from it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home