Monday, January 15, 2007

Your Rooms are Ready


I worked hard and had fun at the same time.
Julie was in Nashville, TN visiting her mother and sister. She then went to Haslet, TX (near Dallas-Ft Worth) to visit with our daughter, Leah, and her family.


While she was away, I painted our upstairs bathroom and what used to be Shamar's bedroom. We're making that an area a "guest room" area. I e-mailed the "I Love You" picture to Julie. She thought that I should have left the words there for the Fitch's visit.


Peter and Mary Ellen Fitch from St. Stephen, New Brunswick, Canada came to stay with us as Peter was speaking at a Bella Vista Church prayer retreat. (I was working to get the guest rooms ready.) Peter pastors the St. Croix Vineyard and also is a professor in St. Stephen University (a creative alternative to Christian higher education). Peter and I met while doing our Doctor of Ministry studies in the history and practice of Christian spirituality at Fuller Theological Seminary (1995-1999).


Let us know if you're ever visiting the Grand Rapids, MI area. You have a place to stay.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 1/15/2007 9:38 AM, Blogger Bill Kinnon said...

Can't wait to figure out an excuse to take you up on your hospitality. 'Course there's always a room for you at the Kinnon house in T-dot.

Missed your blogging voice. Was about to send out a search party.

 
At 1/15/2007 9:53 AM, Blogger John Frye said...

Bill,
I'm here, but have been hunkered down to get some things done. Can't wait to get to Toronto.

 
At 1/15/2007 10:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John-
Don't know how to get ahold of you, so I hope you don't mind me contacting you about something completely different. Could you send me your email address? I'm sure you can see mine behind the scenes on your blog. Thanks
Dave Clark

 
At 1/15/2007 1:41 PM, Blogger ben said...

John,

If you're ever in the Pacific Northwest, you know who to call.

Awaiting your visit in 2007? Hmm... time will tell, I suppose :)

 
At 1/15/2007 2:38 PM, Blogger John Frye said...

Dave,
I'll give you a call.

 
At 1/15/2007 2:39 PM, Blogger John Frye said...

Ben,
We would love to come west and see you and Andi. Someday. Are you going to the National Pastors Convention in San Diego in February?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home