Sunday, September 17, 2006

IN KIEV SUNDAY MORNING

Hi from Kiev, Ukraine.

It's 7:30 a.m. here and it's looks like it'll be a bright sunny day with blue skies.

Rich Correll and I will link up today with 4 men from Ada Bible Church, Ada, MI and travel to Vinnitsa. Maksim will be our driver in his nice VW van with a diesel engine. We'll meet Andre of Greenway Church (see picture in previous post) and participate in Greenway's Youth Club. The last time I participated I had to eat "salo"--fat cubes spread on bread with garlic added. I also had to dunk for life-savers in a bowl of flour. Greenway Church is a magnet to teens and 20 somethings...contemporary, passionate, artsy and Christ-centered. Andre is a highly gifted young leader.

I'm reading Steve Chalke's The Lost Message of Jesus. Chalke also introduces us to a Jesus we never knew. It's a short, paper back presentation of Jesus and his message about "the good news of the kingdom of God."

Any prayers on my behalf and the ministry here in Ukraine are deeply appreciated.

Dasvedanya! (a novice's transliteration).

3 Comments:

At 9/18/2006 8:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You definitely have my prayers!

grace and peace,
-Susan

 
At 9/18/2006 9:20 AM, Blogger Ted M. Gossard said...

Thanks John. And yes, I'm praying.

 
At 9/18/2006 1:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John:
It ain't any worse than eating chitlins ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home