"PAPA" HEMINGWAY: SOME QUOTES
- "All my life I've looked at words as though I were seeing them for the first time. "
- "Courage is grace under pressure."
- "Cowardice, as distinguished from panic, is almost always simply a lack of ability to suspend the functioning of the imagination."
- "I like to listen. I have learned a great deal from listening carefully. Most people never listen."
- "I love sleep. My life has the tendency to fall apart when I'm awake, you know?"
- "If a writer knows enough about what he is writing about, he may omit things that he knows. The dignity of movement of an iceberg is due to only one ninth of it being above water."
- "Never think that war, no matter how necessary, nor how justified, is not a crime."
- "Only one marriage I regret. I remember after I got that marriage license I went across from the license bureau to a bar for a drink. The bartender said, 'What will you have, sir?' And I said, 'A glass of hemlock.' "