Wednesday, January 17, 2007

I've Been Tagged: Five Curious Things

Scot McKnight tagged me. I am constrained to report to you five odd or curious things about myself that you wouldn't know.

Here goes:

1. I was born in Corinth, Mississippi. I was converted to Christ in Zion, Illinois. My mother named me John (God is gracious) because God, in her dream, told her to. What do you know about Corinth, Zion, and John from the Bible?

2. My best meal ever was eating beans and rice with my right hand with rural national pastors in Mozambique.

3. I enjoyed a martini with N.T. Wright at a country club when he came to my city to debate Marcus Borg about the resurrection of Jesus.

4. I have four knock-down gorgeous daughters and four grandsons and two granddaughters. I am a blessed father and grandfather. My wife, Julie, is a beauty, too, and we've been married 38 years.

5. My dream car is a 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air, 2 door, hard top (no post) with a 327 engine and Hurst 4 speed and positraction rear-end. That's all.

I tag Evan Haskill, Greg Mutch, Peter Fitch, Ken Kemp and Ben Kraker.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 1/17/2007 5:18 AM, Blogger Scot McKnight said...

John,
I've got to figure out a "dream car." Problem is, I have "dream bookshelves"! Levenger shelves; separate doors and windows for each shelf; subject etched on each piece of glass.

I'd like to build Hemingway's home on Key West in some woodsy lot in the Midwest.

 
At 1/17/2007 9:00 AM, Blogger John Frye said...

Scot,
Shelves can be fun, but are no replacement for a "dream car." I'm with you--maybe we could go in together--in building Hemingway's FL home in the Midwest.

 
At 1/18/2007 2:18 AM, Blogger Ted M. Gossard said...

This all sounds like you, John! Though I have no answer for #1.

 
At 1/18/2007 3:44 AM, Blogger John Frye said...

Ted,
Yep, number 1 was beyond my control.

 
At 1/23/2007 6:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi John,
I hope you don't mind getting tagged again for another topic. Since I frequently visit your site, I decided to tag you. If you are at all interested, here are the tag rules:

http://www.pauldelsignore.com

 
At 1/30/2007 11:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John,

We currently have a soccer team from Mozambique here in Johannesburg. I concur that my meals in Mozambique have been among the best!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home