I've Been Tagged: Five Curious Things
Scot McKnight tagged me. I am constrained to report to you five odd or curious things about myself that you wouldn't know.
1. I was born in Corinth, Mississippi. I was converted to Christ in Zion, Illinois. My mother named me John (God is gracious) because God, in her dream, told her to. What do you know about Corinth, Zion, and John from the Bible?
2. My best meal ever was eating beans and rice with my right hand with rural national pastors in Mozambique.
3. I enjoyed a martini with N.T. Wright at a country club when he came to my city to debate Marcus Borg about the resurrection of Jesus.
4. I have four knock-down gorgeous daughters and four grandsons and two granddaughters. I am a blessed father and grandfather. My wife, Julie, is a beauty, too, and we've been married 38 years.
5. My dream car is a 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air, 2 door, hard top (no post) with a 327 engine and Hurst 4 speed and positraction rear-end. That's all.
I tag Evan Haskill, Greg Mutch, Peter Fitch, Ken Kemp and Ben Kraker.