Monday, February 05, 2007

A TASTE OF "EDEN," CALIFORNIA















PRE-NATIONAL PASTORS CONFERENCE PRAYER



"O LORD, Creator of the heavens and the earth, we thank you for making San Diego, CA, where it is 72 degrees and sunny--just like Eden.

"We thank you for moving in the hearts of those who plan the National Pastors Convention to host the gathering in San Diego, CA. Thank you for their sensitivity to invite us from frozen exile to tropical Eden, at least for a few days. This eschatological experience generates enduring hope in those of us in exile.

In Exile, Michigan today it is minus 5 degrees F with a wind chill factor of minus 21. East of Eden is a cold, chilling life of unrelenting blizzard conditions. Hyperbole is the language of exile.

While in Eden, CA, Julie and I will also spend "grandma and grandpa" time with our daughter Elisha and her family, husband--Bryan, and our grandchildren-- Benjamin, Zachary and very huggable, kissable Lillian.

We return to Exile on Saturday and regroup for our trip together to Ukraine--which, in the Greek, means "the uttermost parts of the earth."

All prayers for us are greatly appreciated and shamelessly solicited.

Pray for all the sad souls who wanted the Bears to win the SuperBowl, for they, too, are feeling the cold especially hard today.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 2/05/2007 9:14 AM, Blogger Alex Tang said...

Hi John,

I will pray for you and your family but not for the Bears *smile*

Enjoy your time in Eden before you go to Exile.

 
At 2/05/2007 10:04 AM, Blogger John Frye said...

Alex Tang,
Thank you for your prayers. Too bad for the Bears fans, right? :)
Blessings!

 
At 2/06/2007 7:00 PM, Blogger Ted M. Gossard said...

haha, John. I love this rhetoric, and say, "Amen" to the reality that goes with it. Relentless. I'm looking forward to Eden and any tastes I get of it now, in this exile.

 
At 2/08/2007 8:46 PM, Blogger Ron Short said...

Hi John. I introduced myself to you today at the conference. I live in San Diego and can't stand all this "great" weather. I need some snow.

Ron Short

 
At 2/10/2007 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi John:
I got a note from Stan Gundry this week telling me he was in sunny San Diego. There's a reason why I love the South and the sun has a lot to do with it! I am not a snow bunny of all sorts!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home