Friday, June 02, 2006

DALLAS DOES 'EMERGING CHURCH MOVEMENT'

My alma mater, Dallas Theological Seminary, has joined in the conversation about the "emerging" or "emergent church movement." This according to Andrew Jones (aka "Tall Skinny Kiwi"). As a grateful graduate, I offer mucho kudos to D.T.S. for this decision.

Andrew Jones writes, "I have just listened to a conversation (3 podcasts) on the emerging church by an American theological seminary. And I was impressed BIGTIME. It was a fair, reasonable, humble, well balanced dealing with the American emerging church - yes it leans on the academic and biases of the emerging church AUTHORS rather than practitioners, but these are Seminary professors and books are their language, the icons of their world. But its good, dang good, and i wish all seminaries would take this learning posture towards the emerging church" (emphasis added by me).

"Dang good." That must be one of those cross-cultural UK expressions. Getting a little edgy there, Tall Skinny Kiwi.

To listen to the 3 podcasts of Dallas Theological Seminary on the "emerging church movement," click here.

9 Comments:

At 6/02/2006 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link. "Dang good" is pretty common here in Canada too, which is great, as I've never been "edgy" before. (wink)

 
At 6/02/2006 8:14 AM, Blogger John Frye said...

Jamie,
Now what's with you UK and Canadian guys going all "dang good" on us not-so-with-it Americans? I think it's very good that DTS has entered the conversation.

 
At 6/02/2006 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think i got the DANG thing from my father in law - a california who often says "Dangitt!!!"

and Daggumitt! also

 
At 6/02/2006 5:40 PM, Blogger John Frye said...

Andrew,

I am honored that you stopped in and commented. My stepfather has his version: Dadgummitt!!

Stop in again sometime.

 
At 6/03/2006 8:55 AM, Blogger Ted M. Gossard said...

Great to hear, John. I look forward to catching some (or maybe all) of it.

 
At 6/03/2006 5:25 PM, Blogger Scot McKnight said...

John,
E-mail me your phone number and I'll call you to chat about the podcasts.

 
At 6/03/2006 6:24 PM, Blogger John Frye said...

Ted,
They're not very long.

 
At 6/03/2006 6:24 PM, Blogger John Frye said...

Scot,

Will do.

 
At 6/08/2006 3:07 PM, Blogger revnace said...

Man, what did Scot say? I'm heading out for vacation. Maybe I can hide a bit from the family and listen to them. Its great to see that DTS is truely representin'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home